Saturday, August 13, 2011

Grumbling....Guilty as Charged!

Phil 2: 14-19 reads:
Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.  But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you.  So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.  

Isn't it interesting how the Spirit works on us when we need a little honing?  Recently, I read the passage above and even though I've read it many times before, this time it hit me like ton of bricks. At that very moment I was convicted by Paul's writing.  I too needed the same reminder that the church in Phillipi needed.

Too often I let myself grumble and argue. Most often it's about little insignificant things. Nonetheless, I waste time and energy by allowing myself to get caught in the mix when I should have a positive attitude and choose to let it go. I dont always have to agree nor do I have to like certain situations, but if it's not in my power to change it and if it won't have a negative consequence then I shouldn't grumble about it.   The time I waste grumbling should be spent on something positive and productive working in our Father's kingdom. I should choose to rejoice and be joyful in all situations just as Paul instructs.

Perhaps you find yourself with this same habit? Thankfully, we have a loving Father that forgives us of all our shortcomings and has promised to take care of us in every possible way. What more do we need? 

Father, forgive me for squandering time grumbling and arguing about insignificant things. Please help me to choose to be positive and joyful. Thank you for your unending care and love.
In Jesus' name, amen.

Michelle Tittor
Grapevine TX

No comments:

Post a Comment