Saturday, May 26, 2012

Life is Good

Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. James 1:17

I am a coffee drinker.  It is one of my greatest joys each day, and I savor my coffee each morning.  I have "my" brand and I don't care what it costs shipped direct to my door, because I absolutely love the stuff.  Coffee is no accident of nature. It is not an evolutionary sidebar that just happened for some caveman to find, pick, dry, grind and brew into a steaming, wonderful, delightful morning companion.  It was intentional along with an almost infinite number of gifts we as human beings get to enjoy.  God loves us so, and He created this incredible world for us to enjoy.  Don’t miss that in the delights of your life.  Recognize that your Creator had you in mind and did something special just for you.  In each gift God Himself is evidenced and He shows His love through it.  

For something a little different try this approach to worship in your next time alone with the Lord.  Simply begin by saying "Lord you are......" and then fill in the blank with those things, times, places, smells, tastes, and so on that bring you joy and satisfaction.   Acknowledge Him and praise Him for the special gifts He gives every moment.  Here are a few I always go to.

Lord you are…

    That first cup of coffee in the morning
    You are……A cool drink of water on a very hot day
    You are……A kiss on the lips from “the one” I love.
    You are……Hearing “Daddy, I love you”
    You are…....Fly fishing in a Colorado stream
    You are…....Satisfaction of work accomplished, and well done.
    You are…....Seeing the face of my Pa as he prays

Father in heaven you are so good to me.  Thank you for the gifts you give in such abundance and with such incredible generosity.  Amen

Scotty
Elston
Shallowater
, Texas

1 comment:

  1. Once again, your words bring tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.

    ReplyDelete