Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting

Joseph, waited on the LORD;
sold into slavery, separated from family,
lived among strangers in a foreign land,
falsely accused and placed in prison.
Yet, he continued to trust God; while he waited, he served.
The story of Joseph inspires us as we face “times of waiting.”
Who comes to mind when you think of those who worship, trust and obey as they wait?

Are you waiting for something or someone?
Test results…?
A phone call…?
A prisoner to be set free…?
Prodigal to return home…?
A baby to be born…?
One lost to be found…?
Ultimately, we wait for our LORD Jesus to return.  May we be found serving and worshiping, living in obedience and hoping in the LORD God; being mindful to point others to Him and His saving grace.

Just three of many verses that impart strength in times of waiting…
Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.
Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope.
Isaiah 40:31
Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

From the soundtrack of “Fireproof”
John Waller:  While I'm Waiting Lyrics
I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord
And I am hopeful, I'm waiting on You Lord
Though it is painful, but patiently I will wait

And I will move ahead bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord
And I am peaceful, I'm waiting on You Lord
Though it's not easy no, but faithfully I will wait
Yes, I will wait

Loving Father God,
We praise You for Your wisdom and goodness.  Thank You for presenting times of waiting.
Times we learn to trust You, Your Word and Your eternal plan.  
Help us grow in faith, hope and obedience while we wait.
In Your Son’s holy name.

Mischelle Oliver
Stephenville, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment