Sunday, March 20, 2011

Without Fault and With Great Joy

I don’t know who wrote the statement, “Christ in me makes me fit for earth; to be ‘in Christ’ makes me fit for heaven,” but I find it to be a valid, comforting claim.

This morning I have read, “When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever.” Proverbs 10:25

This promise would be alarming and depressing (knowing my own sinfulness and unworthiness) if I didn’t have some understanding of what Jesus has done for me and for you! But I learn from the New Testament writings that because I am “clothed” with Christ, therefore “in Him,” and He “in me,” I am seen by my heavenly Father as righteous. Praise His Holy Name!!

Let these verses of scripture sink deep into your heart:

“For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.” Galatians 3:27

“Christ in you, the hope of glory!” Col. 1:27

“it is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God---that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.” 1 Corinthians 1:30

…So…Jesus, being in me helps me become one who makes a difference in this life on earth--who, walking in His light, reflects the fruits of His Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, righteousness, and self-control, etc. These, of course, translate into practical daily applications of how I relate to and treat people around me! Through this He makes me “fit” for being redemptive in my life, forming what I like to call “redemptive relationships” that draw others to Him, thus lifting them up to be the best He has called them to be, too.

…and…Joy of Joys!!! Being in Christ I am given this blessed assurance that “He is able to keep you (me) from falling and to present you (me) before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy--to the only God, our savior be glory, majesty, power, and authority through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore!” Jude 24,25 (parentheses ‘mine’)

Holy Father, I praise You for the gracious rescue You have given us in your Son, Jesus Christ! How I long for the day He will present me before you without fault and with great joy, because He loved me enough to die for me! In His name, Amen.

Jan McCoy
Merkel, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment