Monday, March 7, 2011

NAME – COMMA - TITLE



Series: If I Was CEO of the Church for a Day...

Ashleigh Feuerbacher, President and CEO.

WOW! I have always wanted to see what that title would look like behind my long and difficult to spell name. We learn early on to respect “titles” of people around us. President, Teacher, Minister, Manager, etc….

Today, you have earned a new title. Spell your name out, add a comma, and place a President and CEO behind it. We all are the CEO of our spiritual investments. As I considered this idea I realized that being appointed as CEO requires one to manage, organize and lead efforts to one central objective. Let’s break down Wikipedia’s definition.

The responsibility of the chief executive officer is to align the company, internally and externally, with his or her strategic vision. The core duty of a CEO is to facilitate business outside of the company while guiding employees and other executive officers towards a central objective.

We all have to take our Christian walk and manage it. We must align internally and be true to the values that God has set for us. Business outside is our responsibility. So we are to further the kingdom of God by getting out and sharing the Good News. All this is to be completed so that we are strong in our faith, leading others to Christ and reaching the central objective of making it to Heaven.

The size and sector of the company will dictate the secondary responsibilities. A CEO must have a balance of internal and external initiatives to build a sustainable company.
• For corporations, the chief executive officer primarily coordinates external initiatives at a high level. As there are many other c-level executives (e.g. marketing, information, technical, financial etc.), seldom do corporate CEOs have low-level functions.


Our managing responsibilities are self reflective. We must produce fruits with our position as a Christian so that we can present the results to our Board of Directors, (Our Heavenly Father). The best form of marketing is word of mouth. As Christians that is something that can work to our advantage. Sharing information is not foreign to us. As the CEO of my spiritual future I must share information with others. I could do this by example, with my mouth or by using technology. Since technology is always changing, people receive information in so many ways. Meeting the needs of the sector will always be a challenge to Christians, but we must welcome and embrace it.

So, as we take on this title CEO and realize that the fruits of our business “Church” are up to us, what changes will we see? Do we need changes? Should we set a goal? What are we doing right? What are we doing wrong ? Do we need evaluations? Do we need meetings? Do we need reports? Do we need objectives? The list goes on of “tools” that are used to monitor individual efforts.

I would ask everyone to take a minute, sit back and go back to the basics. If I am going to put CEO behind my name, I want to make sure I am worthy of being HIRED. I believe that if we truly take on the role of CEO of our own spiritual walk, we will see the fruits of our efforts. I need to make sure that my heart is right. I need to make sure that I am ready to lead others because I am strong in my Christian walk. I need to make sure that I am doing what I need to do, before I begin telling and directing others. So, if I were CEO of the church today, I would first ask everyone to look internally and evaluate. I believe that if you unite a group of believers that are confident in their walk, we can have a business that will run itself.

This Southern Girl loves a big, fancy title. I want to achieve success in all areas of my life. I now realize that if I want my church family to succeed, I need to fully earn the title CEO, of my own spiritual future. It is a self-evaluation that I should start with!

Dear Heavenly Father –
Thank you for the blessings of this life. Thank you for the special blessings you shower on us and those around us. Please help me and my brothers & sisters in Christ to complete a self evaluation and choose to be a leader for You. Give us the strength to work through the daily business so that we can reach our end goal, heaven. We ask this in your son’s name…
Amen.

Ashleigh Feuerbacher
Stephenville, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment