Sunday, December 26, 2010

Trust and Obey

Series: Trusting God in Hard Times

I grew up singing the song, “Trust and Obey”. The lyrics remind me that obedience and trust go hand in hand.

At the core of our being, we must believe that there is nothing “hard” for God. He is the creator of the universe and everything in it. Is there someone more worthy of my trust?

Here is a verse to hold on to, “Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock” (Isaiah 26:4).

How do you trust God in difficult situations? By obeying God in everything, everyday! He asks us to love. Love unconditionally. He asks us to forgive. Forgive mercifully. He asks us to give to those in need. Give generously. He is beside us every day, available to give us strength.

Our faith will grow as we obey and learn that God’s plan is the best. As our faith grows we trust more and more.

Keep Prov. 3:5 in your heart: “Trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight”. We are tempted to rely on our finite self, but God has been helping humans for thousands of years! He knows our heart and what we need. He is absolutely the best one to trust! While you wait for God to work out your situation, keep obeying, believing, praying and trusting. At the end of the day, make a choice to accept God’s will, which has an eternal perspective.

Dear Father, I want to trust you fully. Give me strength today to turn my life over to you. Forgive me for sometimes doing things my way, ignoring your commands. Help me, God, to surrender to your truth. I want to proclaim you as my Rock! In Jesus name, amen.

Terry Smith
Stephenville, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment