Friday, September 20, 2013

Behold

The book of Revelation is filled with strange images.  There are angels, dragons, beasts, harlots, plagues and trumpets.  So, I often shy away from this great book but I shouldn’t. There are promises in there that I shouldn’t miss.  They are presented boldly.

In chapter 21, God uses the word BEHOLD to introduce some of these promises.  He says, in verse 3, that He lives with us.  What a thought! God is not content to know about us; to keep an eye on us or occasionally visit us. He LIVES with us.

I know why I want to live with God. He has everything I need, but He is willing to live with me.   WOW!!
In verse 4, He says He will wipe away every tear. This means I’m not just in His house; I’m in His lap.  He comforts me. God is saying, “There, there, it will be O.K.  That is all behind us now.”

And then in verse 5, He says, “I make all things new.”   There is hardly anything new in this world and what is new doesn’t stay new. “  Change and decay in all around, I see.”   But God says, “I make all things new.”

I want to be new!

 “O, thou, who changes not, abide with me”.

 O Lord, You have made all that I see and more.  You are before anything and will be here when all things end. You made me for fellowship.  I know I have messed up.  I have sinned.  I am broken, worn out and tired. I need to be new.  I need to be forgiven.  I need to be comforted.  I need to be restored. I need You, Lord.

“I need thy presence every passing hour, what but thy grace can foil the tempter’s power”.  Please abide with me.  In the name of Your Son, Amen.

Paul Shero
San Angelo, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment