Thursday, August 29, 2013

C A K E

Would you enjoy a slice of moist chocolate cake with a creamy frosting?  I would too, especially if it had a scoop of vanilla ice cream beside it.  I recently witnessed a Christian sharing her faith over a piece of delicious chocolate cake.  She included the cake as part of her conversation about God. I thought what a novel idea?  I could see that the words she shared were touching the heart of the hearer.

This Christian woman used the written word “cake” to bring up some points that she wanted to share about her God. I remember these thoughts. The acronym has been a good reminder to me for my daily life and it is another way to share God. These are the seeds that she planted in the heart of her friend.
                                                C= You can COME to God
                                                A= You can ASK God
                                                K= You can KNOW God
                                                E= You can ENJOY God

C:   Hebrew 7:25 Jesus is able always to save those who come to God though him, because he
       always lives, asking God to help them.  Revelation 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and    
       knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and eat with you, and you will   
       eat with me.
A:   I John 5:15 And this is the boldness we have in God’s presence; that if we ask God for   
      anything that agrees with what he wants, he hears us.  If we know he hears us every time we   
      ask him, we know we have what we ask from him.
K:   I John 5:20 We know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding. So now
       we can know the one who is true, and we live in that true God. We are in his Son, Jesus
       Christ. He is the true God, and he is eternal life.
E:   Psalm 92 Lord, you have made me happy by what you have done; I will sing for joy about
      What your hands have done.

When you have a friend who is lonely you can come to God together in prayer. You can invite a friend to come study the word of God with you.

When you have a question or need guidance, you can ask God. Your friend may be struggling with something and you can offer to ask God for help by praying with them.

We can share our love for God with others. We can show others His love, so that they can experience it and come to know Him.

We can enjoy God as we trust and experience the love he has for us.  We can show others that we enjoy living for Him.

Almighty God, you who call me to prayer, and who offer yourself to all who seek your face, pour out your Holy Spirit upon me today and deliver me from coldness of heart, a wandering mind, and wrongful desire. By the power of your spirit place within me steadfast love and devotion, so that today I may worship and serve you with all of my life; through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

Terry Smith  
Stepheville, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment