Sunday, April 21, 2013

Terror


Well, darkness has struck again. The bombs went off in Boston. It seems no one is safe. It seems no place is secure. What can I do? Should I hide under my bed? Buy another gun? Should I demand cameras be put up everywhere? Should I demand drones be put in the air? What can I do? God has an answer in Psalm 146:3-9.          

“Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no help. When his breath departs he returns to his earth; on that very day his plans perish. Happy is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them; who keeps faith for ever; who executes justice for the oppressed; who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free; the Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous. The Lord watches over the sojourners, he upholds the widow and the fatherless; but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.”

Could it be that I am putting my faith in the wrong place? No wonder I am nervous, if I am putting my confidence in our leaders and our government.
So, how do I put my trust in God? It must be more than stamping it on our money. Only God can be everywhere and know everything. According to this Psalm, it is God who sets us free and heals. So, what do I do? This scripture says the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down.

Sometimes we are beat down with trouble, but when we bow down in worship to Him, He lifts us up. This scripture also says God loves the righteous. Our actions or conduct reflect our worship. Proverbs 14:34 says “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.”

I will never be able to keep my eye on every bad guy out there, but I can worship God and live by His commands.
  
Dear Father, when I was a child, I prayed “Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.”  I pray this prayer again today.  In the name of Your Son, Amen.

Paul Shero
San Angelo, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment