Sunday, August 12, 2012

His Love is Greater Than You Can Imagine

 I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever;
With my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.
I will declare that your love stands firm forever
.  Psalm 89:1-2

I want to live out this scripture by sharing with you a time when I heard God speak in a gentle whisper, but with power unlike anything I have ever witnessed or experienced.  One day while I was ironing clothes every scripture that I have ever read from God’s word about His love washed over my mind.  The scriptures were whole and complete as if I had my Bible open and was reading them. They washed over me one after another with such power.  I stood there overcome with emotion for what I was feeling.

There is nothing special about me to be chosen for this experience.  I know that I love God and His Son and I chose to serve Him as I wait for His return. However, I had told God many times that I could not comprehend His love for me. Now I know!

The scriptures affirmed to me in a deep and personal way how deep God’s love is for all of us. As a nurse, I find it interesting to read stories of those whose heart had stopped beating and they passed over to the other side and then are brought back through resuscitation.  I have always found it comforting that some of these people may have not seen anything, but they felt a love that was overwhelming and deeper than anything they have previously experienced. I don’t know if they experienced God, but I know I have. God has placed a desire in my heart to share this with everyone. He wants every single person to know without a doubt that He loves them so very much! He wants us to look forward to being in His presence and experiencing His love.

The song Faithful Love (words and music by Ken Young, Hallal Music, 1993) takes me back to the day I experienced God’s love. The refrain goes like this, “Faithful love from above, came to earth to show the Father’s love.  And I’ll never be the same, for I’ve seen faithful love face to face, and Jesus is His name.”

Prayer: Oh Jesus, you demonstrated your faithful love, flowing down from the thorn covered crown. We praise you for your sacrifice that washes our soul and makes us white as snow. We love you and thank you so much for coming and showing us your love. Tears flow from our eyes when we consider your great love for us. Please hold our hand through this life until we can be with you. In Your Holy name Jesus, Amen.

Terry Smith
Stephenville, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment