Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Are You Anxious?

Why am I working so hard on this?  Why do I continue to pour myself into this when no else seems to care?  Why should I commit myself?  Have you ever found yourself asking these questions, especially about something pertaining to church or work in God's kingdom? It is easy to be discouraged and worried over the fruits of your labor.  However, we must not forget our work may be for the benefit of others, but it ultimately is for the GLORY of GOD!

Hebrews 6: 9-12 says,
Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are convinced of better things in your case—the things that have to do with salvation. 10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. 11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized. 12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

The author of Hebrews reminds us that God is appreciative of the work we do for His people and that we should not stop!  We are to continue to work diligently serving others, and serving Him.  By continuing this effort, we allow His plan to be revealed and made known to others we encounter.   Demonstrating God's plan of salvation through love and diligence should be our daily goal.  Sometimes after being responsibile for the same task for an extended period of time, we become lax and less diligent.  Perhaps we work less but expect the same results?  We have been instructed to not be lazy - to make the effort to work hard as it will not go unnoticed.  We might not get a pat on the back for it, but we must continue the work and not worry ourselves about the outcome.  We must remain diligent!  

Psalm 139:23-24   Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

We each know someone who we revere as 'faithful and patient'.  Even though we recognize these traits, imitating this behavior is often a challenge.  These individuals are rarely anxious or overly worried.  They demonstrate their faith by their actions and even more so by their re-actions to situations.  Choosing to not worry or have anxiety over a hurdle in life is exactly what God wants us to do.  We need to trust He will lead us through - just as he has promised.   

Father, please help me to remain diligent in the work you have planned for me to do in your kingdom.  Help me to resist laziness and the feeling of anxiousness.  May you continually place others in my path whose faith and patience I may learn from.  Thank you for your gift of salvation!  In Jesus name, Amen.

Michele Tittor
Grapevine, Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment