Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus

Jesus makes a wonderful promise to us in Matthew 10:32. He says that ‘everyone who confesses (acknowledges) me before men, I will confess before my Father who is in heaven.’ If we claim Him, He claims us. This is good news. But did you know there is a confession that will not save us? Paul tells us about it in Philippians 2:10. It says… “that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth’.      

There will be a day when Jesus returns that He will receive all the glory. Every one will bow; every one will acknowledge His authority; Hitler will bow; Stalin will bow; athiests will bow; Islamic extremists will bow. Because on that day, time will end, elements will melt, the earth will burn, the dead will be raised and Jesus will return. He will be flanked by His Mighty angels. It will be Judgment Day. Faith is replaced with fact.        

But that confession on that day doesn’t save. The confession that saves is the one by faith. The confession that saves is the one now “before men”.        

How many times do we have an opportunity to speak up for or stand up for Jesus? To verbalize the faith we have in our heart? Today, it counts. 

Our Father, who are in heaven, You are worthy of all praise. You made everything and give me every good thing I have. Your Son is Lord and has all authority. He is Lord whether I acknowledge it or not. I am sorry, Father. I have not always acknowledged You. Sometimes my faith grows weak. I am ashamed. I love you, Lord. Please forgive me. Please strengthen me. Give me wisdom to see opportunities to stand for you. In the name of Jesus, who has all authority, amen.

Paul Shero
San Angelo, Texas

1 comment:

  1. I love your thought provoking insight on this, Paul. We must stand up now while it counts!

    ReplyDelete