Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Prayer Jesus Refused to Pray

Jesus could have anything He wanted. He knew it. Anything He asked for was His. Rocks to bread…just say the word. Legions of angels…yours for the asking. The prayers of Christ were bold; dead people came to life, storms stopped, naturals law was ignored.

That’s why we read with such interest His prayers; especially His prayer in John 17. We notice the things He asked for and we notice something else; there was a prayer Jesus refused to pray. Read verse fifteen.
    “I do not pray that thou shouldst take them out of the world,
but that thou shouldst keep them from the evil one.”

He has already said we belong to Him, and He loves us and the world hates us. But He refused to pray that we be taken out of the world. We are here; that’s where we are supposed to be. We are His body. We have work to do. We are light: we have darkness to dispel. We are salt; we are to influence this world. Jesus said we are not of the world but we are in it.

We are missionaries in a mission field. The only Bible most people read is you. The only sermon most people hear is you. You are here for a purpose. You are His ambassador. You have work to do. How are you doing?

Dear Father, You have all power and know everything. All of creation answers to you. I know you love me and know me. But right now my life is hard. I need help. If I have to stay here I need help. Please forgive my self-centeredness. Please give me wisdom to know the way and please give me the peace that passes understanding. And please keep me from the evil one.
         
Thank you for not giving up on me.   In the name of Jesus, I pray.

Paul Shero
San Angelo, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment