Friday, April 29, 2011

F A I T H

Our Christian life is really all about faith. A large part of scripture is dedicated to faith. Faith described, faith analyzed, faith declared, faith commanded and faith illustrated.
         
We are shown the opposite of faith which is fear. But even with all the instruction and all the promises, we still know more about fear than faith. Fear robs us of our confidence and hope. Look at the scripture in I John 5:13-15. “I write this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence which we have in Him; that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have obtained the requests made of Him.”
         
John tells us that everything starts with faith. If you believe in the name of the Son of God, then you know that you have eternal life. Then you have confidence in Him. Then you know that He hears our prayers. Then you know He will answer our prayers.
         
So, if our life is not one of confidence in Christ; if our prayer life is nothing to brag about; if we fear eternity; John tells us it is a faith problem.  When we put our confidence in our own goodness, or our ability to pray, or our ability to overcome temptation, the picture is dismal.

None of us are good enough. But He is. When we put our confidence in Jesus, we will not be disappointed. So, how is your prayer life? How are you doing in the hope department?
 
Dear Lord and Father, You can do anything. You have all knowledge. You made me and gave your Son for me. You know how weak and sinful I am. Please forgive me. I know I must believe in the name of your Son. I do believe in Jesus. And yet, I continually take my eyes off of Him. Like Peter in the sea, I start with Jesus and end with me. I am so sorry. This faithless fear robs me of my hope, confidence and even my forgivness. So, I’m here again, asking you to “Save Me, Lord”. I do believe. Help my unbelief. Thank you for my hope and forgiveness. Please stay with me.  In the Name of Jesus, I pray

Paul Shero
San Angelo, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment