Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Love Dare



Series: Love


Love is one common emotion that we were all created with. We all have loved someone or something at one time in our life. We have also been on the receiving end as well. God has loved us from the beginning and has blessed us in many ways. Love is the greatest command--it encompasses our life.

We also can all relate to having relationships. We hope for wonderful friendships, great family relationships and loving marriage relationships. I believe we all desire a life filled with genuine relationships. They are validating and healthy.

I once read a story about an elderly couple that had been married for over 60 years. She was in the hospital dying, and he knew it. He stood by her side and talked about their journey from their wedding day to their last. He begged her to whisper his name one more time. He cried because he knew he would leave and go home alone that evening.

This story inspired me to take the emotion that God gave me, love, and to make the most of it. Choose love! It is a decision, not just a feeling. In an effort to focus and think about how I love… I am going to attempt a challenge, or rather a dare! Interested? I am going to take a dare that will lead me to explore and demonstrate genuine love. Learning to truly love is said to be one of the most important things that one could ever do. I plan to start reading the Love Dare, by Steven and Alex Kendrick. I would love for you to join me on this 40 day journey. Email me at ashleighfeuer@embarqmail.com if you are interested.

May 5th, 2001… I married the Love of my life. He is a wonderful Christian father and husband. I want to enhance our journey and make it similar to the couple mentioned earlier. A loving relationship that is genuine and aches for one more whisper.

This southern girl was married in the heat of the summer, during a thunderstorm….outside! I would not change one thing about our journey thus far, but I do want to make sure that I do my part to make the next 10 years even better!! Thanks to my husband for loving me!

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for allowing us to experience love. It is such a powerful emotion that brings so much joy. Thank you for loving us and sending your son. Allow each of us to think about how we love on a daily basis. Help us to focus on our love for our spouse, our children, our families and our friends. Thank you for first loving us!
In Your Son’s Name I pray.


Ashleigh Feuerbacher
Stephenville, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment