Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh, You Make Me Smile

Series: The church as the extension of Jesus: His eyes, feet, hands, mouth, ears

Some of my favorite smiles are …

The first smiles on a baby’s face.

The prideful smile that you catch a parent passing along to a child.

The affectionate smile you catch one spouse giving to the other.

The encouraging smile from one friend to another that simply says, “I’m here”.

The knowing smile you catch the elderly giving pre-school age children.

The appreciative smile from someone on the receiving end.

And the relaxed smile that says “Life is Good”!

As I have started to pass a few rungs on my “life” ladder I am realizing the impact and importance of the need to smile. Smiles can be such an easy gift to give. Quick, easy and powerful. God has created us all different, and yet we were all made in his image with the same ability to smile. Remember this tune “If you are happy and you know it then your face will surely show it” a simple concept, yet powerful.

"Your better than the best

Im lucky just to linger in your light

Cooler than the flip side of my pillow,

That’s right.

You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed

Sing like a bird, dizzy in my head"

These lyrics are the beginning of a popular song by Uncle Kracker.

I think he’s got it right, “Lucky just to linger in your light”.

Our source of light is the most powerful one available. God is the light of the world and has blessed us in so many ways. Blessings that should be noticed, enjoyed and smiled about! We are lucky to linger in His light. I am making a personal commitment to use my light, my smile.

And this southern girl knows that there are not too many things better than the "flipside of a pillow" on a summer night!

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for all the many blessings you have given me. Thank you for all the things, big and small, that make me smile. Give me the strength to do your will. Let your light shine through me and allow your smile to be seen through me. Allow me to seize the opportunities you put in front of me with a smile on my face. Thank you for the smiles I receive, bless those around me with wisdom and strength.

In his Name…Amen.

Ashleigh Feuerbacher

Stephenville Texas


No comments:

Post a Comment