Saturday, July 19, 2014

Remember

In our journey as believers our greatest challenge each day is to remember that God is with us. He wants so much for us to follow, trust, and cling to Him.   His promise runs throughout the Bible with a simple message.  Trust me and I will take care of you and protect you.  Yet every day I forget this incredible, miraculous gift.  So I must remember.  I must trust.  My life depends on it.  David knew this, and so he would remember he repeated it over and over again through the Psalms.   I am sure there are more but this list is to remind me.  The list is long.  Slow down for few moments, stay with it to the end and hear the promise of God. 


I go to bed and sleep in peace, because, Lord, only You keep me safe.  4:8
Lord my God, I trust in You for protection. 7:1
Those who know the Lord trust Him.  9:10
I trust in the Lord for protection.  11:1
Protect me God because I trust in You.  16:1
I love you Lord.  You are my strength.  18:1
The Lord is my rock, my protection, my Savior.  My God is my rock.  I can run to Him for safety.  He is my shield and my saving strength, my defender.  18:2
God is my protection, He makes my way free from fault.  18:32
Lord, You are my Rock, the one who saves me. 19:14
Some trust in chariots, others in horses, but we trust the Lord our God. 20:7
Lord, I give myself to You; my God I trust You. 25:1
The Lord is my light and the One who saves me.  I fear no one. The Lord protects my life. I am afraid of no one.  27:1
Lord I trust You.  31: 1
The Lord protects those who truly believe… 31:23
You protect me from my troubles and fill me with songs of salvation.  32: 7
The angel of the Lord camps around those who fear God, and He saves them. 34: 7
The Lord hears good people when they cry out to Him, and He saves them from all their troubles. 34: 17
Trust the Lord and do good.  37:3
Depend on the Lord; trust Him, and He will take care of you.  37: 5
Happy is the person who trusts the Lord. 40:4
God you are my strength. 43:2
God is our protection and strength.  46:1
When I am afraid I will trust You.  56:3
Be merciful to me, God; be merciful to me because I come to You for protection. 57:1
You are my defender, my place of safety in times of trouble.  59:16
God, my strength, I will sing praises to You.  God my defender, You are the God who loves me. 59:17
I find rest in God; only He can save me.  He is my rock and my salvation.  He is my defender; I will not be defeated.  62: 1-2
In You, Lord, is my protection.  71:1
My body and my mind may become weak, but God is my strength.  He is mine forever.  73: 26
The Lord God is my protection.  73: 28
Lord you are powerful and completely trustworthy.  89: 8
Those who go to God Most High for safety will be protected by the Almighty.  91: 1
I will say to the Lord, “You are my place of safety and protection.  You are my God and I trust You.” 91:2
He saves my life from the grave and loads me with love and mercy.  103: 4
….their hearts are steady because they trust the Lord.  112: 7
You who respect the Lord should trust Him; He is your helper and your protection.  115: 11
I will not be afraid, because the Lord is with me.  118: 6
You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your Word.  119: 114
When I was in trouble, I called to the Lord, and He answered me.  120:1
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.  121: 2
The Lord is the shade that protects you from the sun.  121: 5
The Lord will protect you from all dangers; he will guard your life.  121: 7
Lord God, my mighty Savior, You protect me in battle.  140:7
Lord I cry out to You.  I say, “You are my protection.  You are all I want in this life.” 142:5
He is my defender and my Savior, my shield and my protection.  144:2
The Lord protects everyone who loves Him.  145:20

Father, bring me to greater maturity that I might rely on You in all that I do, all that I say, and all that I am.  

Scotty Elston

Shallowater, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment