Friday, October 18, 2013

The Mystery of God

Recently, I have been sharing my faith with someone who is struggling to believe in God as the creator. He therefore does not believe the Bible is the inspired word of God.  He acknowledges that creation is a magnificent evolutionary occurrence.  He also acknowledges that parts of the Bible appear to have been written by someone with advanced intelligence, since things were written that had not been discovered by the scientific community of that day. He has many doubts and enjoys stirring the pot with controversial conversation.

How refreshing it was to my soul this morning to read Psalm 19:1-4, “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.  There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.  Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.”

Later, I walked outside and sat in a chair and read, Psalm 46:10. “Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” These words carried so much power and strength for my spirit as I read them.  

My friend still wonders if Jesus might be who he claimed to be. The good news is my friend is still asking questions.  If you are like my friend and you are searching for truth. If you will seek God with your whole heart you will find Him and the mystery will be revealed to you. I am praying that you will know the truth revealed in I Timothy 2:16:
“Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
He appeared in a body,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
Was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
Was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.”


Terry Smith
Stephenville, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment