Friday, October 26, 2012

Then What?


There are some truths we know because God has revealed them. If the Bible had not revealed them, we would never know. As exciting as these discoveries are, they always bring up more questions.

In I Thessalonians, chapter 4, we learn a lot about the last day on earth. We learn about what happens to those who ‘die in the Lord’; that we will meet Him in the clouds; that we will always be with the Lord; and that these promises should comfort us. Although this scripture answers many questions, it does not answer all of them.

 We don’t know how God does it. We don’t know when He will do it. So what do we do? Well, we trust Him.

I heard of a believer who was dying. His best friend was not a man of faith. He had come to visit his dying friend and was surprised that his Christian friend had so much peace. “How can you be so calm? You are dying. You don’t know what will happen! There are so many questions; how can you be at peace?” His Christian friend said, “Do you hear that scratching on the door? That is my dog. He has never been in this room nor has he even looked into this room. He has no idea what will happen to him if he comes in here, yet he wants in here because he knows I’m in here.”

I don’t know everything about the hereafter. My list of questions gets longer and longer but I know who is waiting for me. I know He loves me and I know He has conquered death. So, I am like that dog; whining and scratching and not afraid. Like David, I can say “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for thou art with me.”

O Lord, I praise Your name. You created life. You conquered death and You promised me eternal life. I use words like eternal but I do not understand. Thank You for Your love and those amazing promises. Even though I do not understand most of Your promises, I ask for more information. I want information. I need faith. I’m sorry. Thank You for Your forgiveness and for Your love. Thank You for life. In the name of Your Son who is life, I pray. Amen.

Paul Shero
San Angelo, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment