Friday, October 5, 2012

How's Your Blood Pressure?

This week, a co-worker passed me in the hall and said “smile, it can’t be that bad”!  I laughed, shrugged my shoulders and offered the cliché` “I’m fine”.   But when I returned to my desk, I really was bothered by the fact that my emotions were so evident on my face.  Even more so, that the emotions evident were of things that really should not have sank my mood.  I had allowed Satan the foothold of stress and disappointment.  Our face can give away our heart’s emotion.  I was determined to not only change the view the world saw of me as written on my face, but to ensure that the expression of joy on the outside was a genuine reflection of the inside. 

So many things in our daily routine cause us to get frustrated, angry, or sad.  These are the things the world sees in a people that claim to have joy and peace at the core of their character.  Slamming down the phone, excessive use of  “you’ve got to be kidding me !”, and all the obvious signs of irritation should be replaced with positive responses. 

Everyday we are given ample opportunity for Jesus to be seen and ample opportunity for Satan to take control.  As an individual who claims to have Jesus living in my heart and confidence the Holy Spirit is guiding me, I must meditate on and heed scripture and make an outwardly change on my form of expression.  Here are scriptures that provide examples for outwardly expression.

Isaiah 55:12    You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.       

Psalm 89:15-18    How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! O LORD, they walk in the light of your countenance. 16 In Your name they rejoice all the day, and by Your righteousness they are exalted. 17 For You are the glory of their strength, and by Your favor our horn is exalted. 18 For our shield belongs to the LORD, and our king to the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 61:10    I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, my soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness,  I have no reason, and really, no right to be negative, disappointed and lacking in joy.  I have a Father who loves me unconditionally and a Savior that gave it all for me.  THAT’S SOMETHING TO BE JOYFUL ABOUT!

Father, thank you for giving me a reason to be forever joyful.  Forgive me when I allow satan to control my emotions. Help me to be a better expression of Jesus. Thank you for your love and grace.In Jesus’ name, amen.

Michelle Tittor
Grapevine, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment