Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Is God Fair?

From time to time, life gets hard. Really hard! We are tempted to complain. We complain about the difficulty of our life and the enormity of the task we have to do. Sometimes, we accuse God of being unfair. Our thinking is this: Since God can do anything and since He says He loves us, He could rescue us from this difficulty we are in. Sometimes we accuse God of not really loving us and being unfair with us. Ever since the garden, we have insisted on running our own lives. Then we want God to save us from our decisions.

We have another problem and that is perspective. From where we stand, it is hard to be objective. But there is a witness who is in the position to be objective. The angels have watched God since the beginning of time. What do they say? In Revelation 15:3-4, it says… “And they sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, “Great and wonderful are thy deeds, O Lord God the Almighty! Just and true are thy ways, O King of the ages! Who shall not fear and glorify thy name, O Lord? For thou alone art holy. All nations shall come and worship thee, for thy judgments have been revealed.” 

The angels tell us God is great and wonderful and just! The power of God is not at war with the love of God. GOD IS JUST!         

Dear Heavenly Father, I praise your name. You are so great and powerful. You are also good and holy. When I am hurting, I have foolishly accused You of not caring. Please forgive me. I know You do right. I know You are holy. I know You are just. Please help me to learn to trust You and endure trials. Please help me not to waste the trial I am in. In the name of Jesus, the Holy and Just One, Amen.

Paul Shero
San Angelo, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment