Thursday, July 5, 2012

Clean

Most of the time, I think about forgiveness. Since I am a sinner, I need forgiveness. Forgiveness from others and forgiveness from God. Since I am also sinned against, I also have opportunity to forgive. And since I am more familiar with forgiveness, I often forget the other blessings God promises.

For example, Sanctification! The idea here is that God not only over-looks our sins, but he cleans us up; removes the stain and qualifies us for his service. This almost never happens in our human endeavors so we are not familiar with the idea. We can stop sinning but there are still marks sin leaves behind. We can be forgiven but we still limp. What God is promising us is to be restored. Restored to fellowship, grace and usefulness.

I bought a cast iron pot and it was really old, but before I cooked in it, it had to be sanctified. Who knows what all that stuff is on its surface! Who could know what all it was used for. It will take a lot of work and fire to get it really clean and useful again. Once I bought a pot that had black shoe polish all over it. It looked new but it was dirty.

There are no shortcuts. God forgives and He sanctifies. He makes us presentable and useful. To be useful to God…What a blessing!          

Dear Father, When I thnk of You…Your greatness, Your power and Your Holy nature, I stand in awe of You. I need so much from You. I am lost. I need Your guidance. I have sinned and I need Your forgiveness. I am so dirty that only You can clean me up. Thank You for sanctification. I want to be useful to You. Please use me.   In the name of Jesus, I pray.

Paul Shero
San Angelo, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment