Monday, June 11, 2012

Trust

When God says ‘without faith it is impossible to please Him’ (Hebrews 11:6), we would all say AMEN! But what is faith really? Do we really have it?

In the Bible, faith is a relentless trust in God. A no-holds barred trust. This is a lot harder than we think. A lot of times we agree with the demands of God. So NO trust is required. But what if God requires us to do what we don’t want to do and don’t understand why He would require it. Then we are left with some hard choices to make.  1. Do we really believe God is God?  2. Do we believe He knows everything?  3. Do we believe He has all power?  4. Do we believe He loves us?

See how hard faith is? When it is really dark and we do not understand, do we trust Him? Do we trust Him? What I want is understanding. What I need is trust. Job was the best man in the world. He went through the valley of the shadow. He wanted to understand. He asked God to explain his suffering. God would not explain. He even said Job could not understand. To his credit, Job said, “Though He slay me, I will trust Him.” (Job 13:15)

So, here is the deal. Trust is really hard. It may be the hardest thing you will ever do, but you can do it. There are things you can’t understand but you can trust God. Will you trust Him?

O Father, You who are above the heavens, hear my prayer. You who know everything, please listen to me. I need You. I hurt; I am lost and I am afraid. I do not understand my situation. I believe in you, O God. I believe You know all things. I believe You love me. I believe; help my unbelief. Please Father, stay with me. Please Father, forgive me. Please Father, bring me through this.   In the name of Your Son, Jesus, I pray. Amen

Paul Shero
San Angelo, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment