Saturday, November 26, 2011

Theme: Be Thankful


Heavenly Father, how wonderful it is to know you as Creator, Lord, and Father.  How amazing it is to experience your love, mercy, and grace.  Each day as journey through this life I see your workings at every turn.  As I reflect on my life, I’m humbled by the love you have shown me.

I thank you God for providing me with earthly parents that have shown me a better way.  I thank you father for blessing with a beautiful family of my own.  For my wife, a true help-mate, I give you thanks.  I’m in awe that you knew I would need her and sent her to me.  Thank you for blessing me with a daughter.  I think I partly understand how you must feel seeing your children laugh, cry, play, work, achieve, and grow.  What a blessing!

Father, I’m thankful for the Church.  To be a part of your kingdom here on earth is a magnificent thing.  To know there are others, like me, that have been summoned out to share in the burdens and blessings of this life is a wonderful thing.  To know that I’m not the only one called to do your work and that I can lean on them in times of need is of great comfort.  To know that I’m a participant in something that is so much bigger and better than anything this world could ever offer gives me strength to endure whatever trials or tribulations come my way.  I praise you name and give you thanks for these things.

Finally Father, I thank you for Jesus.  His story is like none other.  I need Jesus.  I need his example, his life, the cross, and the resurrection.  But you knew that and because of this I’m eternally grateful.  I pray that my life reflects my gratitude.  I pray that my life is an offering of thanks.

Amen.

Todd Adams
Dublin, TX    

No comments:

Post a Comment